So you’ve got a beautiful conservatory. It’s a wonderful extension to your home and provides some much needed extra space. But there’s a small problem; it gets baking hot in the summer months, and then freezing cold in the winter! So what can you do to remedy the situation? Well a cost effective, elegant and practical solution is that of conservatory blinds. These can help to make the conservatory a comfortable environment all year round. But where to start?? This guide will take you through the do’s and dont’s of buying conservatory blinds.
- Use a local supplier, preferably one that has been recommended to you!
- Research the company before making an appointment. Study their website (if they have one!) and search for any reviews that may be online.
- Phone up to discuss your requirements first – try and find out as much as possible before making a home appointment
- Check the full range of blinds a company offers
- Ensure the company offer a fitting service
- Check if quoted prices include VAT or if it needs adding on (a usual trick!)
- Get 2 – 3 quotes before placing an order
- Consider all options and listen to the advice of the salesman
- Establish early on your budget and find out what products fall into that budget – saves wasting time looking at expensive ranges!
- Check how the blinds will be fitted to ensure minimal/unwanted damage
- Make sure the company offers a decent guarantee on both products and fittings
- Place your order with the first company you see.
- Get talked into buying blinds out of your budget range – establish a budget early and stick to it!
- Forget to ask about exactly how the blinds operate and the control options available
- Feel under pressure to make a decision on the day. A respectable company will give you time and freedom to make your decision at your own time and pace.
- Get fooled by ridiculously cheap offers – eg “5 blinds for £150 fully fitted”. This sounds too good to be true, and thats because it is!! Very often there will be hidden charges e.g. fitting costs or VAT must be added. Also They will more than likely be end of line fabrics or ‘flawed’ materials. Tread carefully if you go down this route!
- Accept a quotation without proper paperwork – you will need this if there is a problem down the line!
We hope this will help you on the way to selecting your perfect conservatory blinds! Please feel free to call us on 0161 241 9686 or fill out an enquiry form for more advice and help on picking your ideal conservatory blinds.
This video will also offer some more hints and tips!