Window blinds are a practical and stylish dressing to put the finishing touches to your windows. By customising your blinds, they can make a design statement if desired, blend in seamlessly with the decor if preferred and provide excellent light and privacy control. We have a huge range of options available to our customers, and one range that is becoming more and more popular is electric roller blinds.
Electric roller blinds are a simple concept; they are a standard roller blind with a motor hidden in the barrel of the blind. This motor then powers the blind to lift up and down through a small remote control, which can control blinds individually or collectively. The motor is battery powered, and is charged through a small unit similar to a mobile phone charger. Charge life through normal use is 3-5 months before charging is required again. So why would you choose electric roller blinds?
- Ease of use. One of the most obvious advantages of electric roller blinds is that they are much easier to work that normal roller blinds. Rather than having to work a sidewinder chain, the blind is controlled through the push of a button. What could be simpler?
- Ideal for out of reach windows. If you have a window or opening that is awkward to reach (skylight windows, landing windows etc) then electric rollers are ideal. Rather than having to struggle to reach the sidewinder chain or make adjustments to be able to control it, they can easily be operated using the remote control.
- Great for multiple windows. If you have a space with various windows (conservatory, orangery, bifold doors etc) then electric blinds are ideal. Rather than having to go round and open/close each blind individually, you can operate all of them from one remote control. You have great versatility as you can control each blind on its own, but you can operate all of them together if desired which is much more convenient and practical.
- Child safe. Cords that hang down from any window can provide a potential strangulation risk for young children and pets too. Electric roller blinds are very safe as there are no cords or loops for little ones to get caught up in. Further to this, it can be more appealing aesthetically without cords hanging down everywhere. This is especially true on large bifold doors that require multiple blinds, manual rollers would end up with cords hanging down from the middle of doors.
- Perfect for people with mobility/movement restrictions. If there is an issue for an individual to get around and reach to a window to open and close the blind then electric roller blinds provide an ideal solution.
Any of our roller ranges can be made into electric blinds, including the fantastic vision roller blinds. We offer a free choose at home service where we can come round and discuss the range that will work best for you and your budget, and you can browse all the available fabric ranges. Get in touch to arrange your free appointment or for some friendly advice over the phone.