Faux Wood Blinds Now Available!
Over the years, vertical blinds have been consistently the most popular type of blind that we have supplied. However, we have noticed that there has been a shift in the market recently, with Wooden blinds now becoming the favourite for a variety of different windows, settings and applications. Many people’s perception of wooden blinds is that of an elegant, but expensive product. This may have been true 15 years ago, but with many more options and variants now on the market, wooden blinds are now more accessible to those on a limited budget than ever.
Wooden blinds do however have certain limitations/drawbacks, which can include:
- They do not perform well in moist environments or where they may be splashed with liquids, namely bathrooms and kitchens. If the liquids are persistently put onto the wood, over time it can become absorbed into the slats, making them swell and discolour
- They are susceptible to warping if they are in extremely warm environments, e.g. Near kitchen ovens, conservatories etc
- If they are fitted to large windows, they can be very heavy to lift up and down
A fantastic new alternative to wooden blinds that helps resolve these issues is Faux wood blinds. These are a blend
of real wood and acrylic, and the look of real wooden blinds (you can barely tell the difference!!), but because of the acrylic:
- Water is not as easily absorbed, and therefore Faux Wood blinds work brilliantly in bathrooms and kitchens
- Faux Woods are less prone to warping, working better in warm or hot rooms
- They are lighter than real wood and can be made to a larger size than their wood counterparts.
- Faux Woods are available in a huge range of colours and finishes, with tape options also available
- Faux woods are also slightly cheaper than real woods, and available in 35 and 50mm slat sizes.
We highly recommend these beautiful Faux wood blinds, please get in touch today or more information, and to arrange your free quotation!